Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bob Costas

Assistant Football Coach
A former assistant football coach at Penn State accused of sexually abusing eight children in a scandal that rocked this famous university, said Monday in a television interview, he did not commit any abuse and that any activity in the school bathrooms with a guy was just a violent game, no groping.

During a telephone interview on Monday night to the "Rock Center" on NBC, Bob Costas asked if Jerry Sandusky Sandusky pedophile and said no.

Meanwhile, The New York Times published on its website late on Monday that about 10 additional alleged victims have come to the authorities since the arrest of Sandusky, they said people close to the investigation. The newspaper said police worked to confirm the new charges.

Sandusky, who became the heir apparent regarded coach Joe Paterno veteran, was arrested a week ago and is accused of sexually abusing eight children, in some cases acts occurring within the facilities of Penn State, over 15 years.

"I am innocent of these charges," said Sandusky, 67. "... I could say I've done some of those things. I played around with guys. I've taken a shower after practice. I have embraced, and touched his legs with no attempt to make sexual contact."

When asked if he felt sexually attracted to children, said: "Sexually Attracted, no. I enjoy being among young people, I love being surrounded by them, but I do not feel sexual attraction to young people."

When asked if he had done something wrong, Sandusky said, "I should not have bathed with these guys."

Share/Bookmark