Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lisbeth Salander

Lisbeth Salander
A few weeks after his release in Spanish theaters, the January 13, 2012 - HoyCinema traveled to Stockholm to learn firsthand the scenarios in which the action takes place in Millennium. Men Who Hate Women and talk to some of its protagonists, as Rooney Mara, the actress who plays Lisbeth Salander in the U.S. version of the first book in the series written by Swedish author Stieg Larson.

When producers undertook an exhaustive search for the role of Lisbeth Salander, the director David Fincher film subjected to a seemingly endless series of intensive tests, in which he asked to do everything from reciting poetry to pose with motorcycles Swedish - to demonstrate what they would do on paper.

To Mara, this series of tests kept alert, helping to meet the character even more. "I was ready and willing to do and show what it took to get the role," says the actress. "And as I approached, I thought, 'What else do I have to show you? I've done everything. I have to go on with my life or if not, let's do it. I'm about to leave, so I decided at once'" .

The months of testing and waiting culminated in an ultimatum. "David took me to his office and started talking to me at length about the role, giving me all the reasons why an actress would reject it - it could change my life, not necessarily for the better. Then he handed me his iPhone with a press release that said I had been chosen for the role. He said he planned to send that afternoon and had half an hour to decide whether I wanted the role or not. "

Mara did not hesitate. The character had already been put on the skin. "Never before has a female character as Lisbeth, a sort of small person, androgynous, with so many different facets," says the actress. "You get on your side - and yet simultaneously the issues because you do not always agree with things he does. I find that very interesting."

As he accepted the role, Mara went to work. "An hour after saying yes to David, a computer was dismounting, riding a bike and taking classes to learn to skate. And, literally, five days later he was in Stockholm," she recalls.

But surely Fincher's warnings not scared. "He said, 'You'll have to go to Sweden alone and experiencing your life with this girl.' He said, 'The film is going to consume.'ll Have to say goodbye for a while your family and friends.' But at that time I do not really know, "he explains. "I did not know who actually spend time alone and that what he said did not scare me. It might have scared someone else but not me."

Eventually also radically changed his whole appearance, she cut her hair, took numerous piercings, dye reached the point of the eyebrows, which proved to be as shocking to the actress. Not only provided a disturbing look transgression, but also the face of Lisbeth opened, allowing the cold mixture of intelligence and character's rage had more space to manifest.
The complexity of Lisbeth is evident in some of the most disturbing scenes of history, a pair of violent assaults in the office of guardian of Lisbeth, Nils Bjurman-that open and close the story. These scenes represented a great challenge, both physically and psychologically, but also are essential to understanding its drive to help Blomkvist find a murderer of women. "The scenes are Bjurman who speak most of Lisbeth," says Mara. "Abuse push, and in many ways, it also leads the rest of the story. These were the scenes in which he always thought." When it came time to represent them on the set, you could feel the emotional risk of sequences. Remember the actress: "I always knew those scenes would be hard but it was much harder than I imagined."

In the end, Mara says the experience of playing Lisbeth was the goal for which he fought so many months trying to get the role. "It's the kind of character that comes once in life," concludes the actress. "But beyond that, what most excites me and experience is what led me to feel more capable. I learned so much and done so many things I never thought I could do."

In Millennium: Men Who Hate Women, Oscar-nominated director David Fincher (social network) moves to the big screen the universe of global literary success of Stieg Larsson.

In the maze of history we find murder, corruption, family secrets and inner demons of two unexpected partners for the truth about a mystery hidden for 40 years. Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) is a financial journalist eager to restore his honor after being convicted of defamation. Contacted by one of the wealthiest businessmen in Sweden, Henrik Vanger (the Oscar-nominated actor Christopher Plummer), to get to the bottom of the disappearance many years ago of his beloved niece Harriet killed, he believes Vanger, one of the members large family, the reporter comes to a remote island off the Swedish coast frozen not knowing what awaits you there.

Simultaneously, Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), an unusual but ingenious Milton Security researcher is hired to find out the history of Blomkvist, a task that ultimately leads her to join Mikael in their investigation into the murder of Harriet Vanger. Although Lisbeth is protected in a world that has betrayed again and again, their hacking skills and ability to focus and unwavering determination, make it essential. While Mikael comes face to face with the hermetic Vanger, Lisbeth works in the shade. Both begin to trace a chain of killings from past to present, forging a fragile thread of trust, while being dragged into one of the wildest currents of contemporary crime.

Share/Bookmark